Wednesday 24 July 2019

Vram Grigorian's Aracelia: Fragments From A Jazz-Rock Opera from 1990




I hate to pursue two disappointments in a row, but in my past romantic life I have been in this situation many times before so at least I'm accustomed to it.  Perhaps you aren't, in which case I suggest you skip to the next post on July 29th and just enjoy the summer.

This composer is called Vram Grigorian and came to my attention in relation to the Armenian orchestra from just before.  Clearly what drew me in was the description of jazz-rock opera suggesting a more advanced thematic compositional direction.  But that's entirely misleading, what this is instead is a collection of latin pop songs (sung in Spanish, with typical tropical feel) and a slight Brazilian bossa nova edge (think e.g. Milton Nascimento, but not at all at the same level of songwriting quality).

First track, as sample:






4 comments:

  1. https://www35.zippyshare.com/v/MpvTelh6/file.html

    https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/ii9uca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Just stumbled across your jun fukamachi post after looking forever for some downloads of his stuff, but unfortunately I got there too late and all the links have expired. Would you mind putting them up again for me, or at least some of them, if it isn’t too much trouble?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a week when i get home, which ones you want?

      Delete
  3. Well so far I have quark, spiral steps, and on the move. I would definitely appreciate Nicole, the dream of heike album which you said might be his best work, and that daisy chain album sounded very interesting as well. I don’t know much about his discography as I’m just getting into it so any others you feel like throwing in I’m sure I’d be happy with. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete