Saturday 20 August 2022

The Visitors, in 4 albums


















 From Discogs:

The Visitors are made-up of saxophone playing brothers Earl and Carl Grubbs.

Interestingly, John Coltrane's wife Naima Coltrane is the first cousin to Earl and Carl Grubbs (aka The Visitors), and they did a cover of John's classic "Naima" on their album "Neptune".

Astonishingly beautiful cover art for their first album.  Surprisingly this is a photo not a drawing, as I initially incorrectly thought.

They made 4 albums as you can see, Neptune (1972), In My Youth (1973), Rebirth (1974) and Motherland (1976) all very similar relatively simple modal style jazz with the double saxes from the brothers.

Title track of the first album:



6 comments:


  1. https://www118.zippyshare.com/v/uhEWaEEb/file.html

    https://www.sendspace.com/file/zf84qs

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantasic band, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Julian! I thought of them immediately when I heard "Pilvi" from the jazz Liisa series you posted (reminded me of the song "Motherland").

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, you have filled one of my last missing disc's. bless you.

    ReplyDelete