Tuesday 7 November 2023

Theo Jörgensmann Quartet Feat. John Thomas - Go Ahead Clarinet, 1978

 




Informational page here

I was surprised to see all the different places this wonderful German clarinetist has cropped up, for ex. the Grotesk of Groh (did I post them here?), the first free jazz Contact album, Contraband which of course I posted quite recently here.  

Starting with this album from 1978, which I was really impressed by, there's some quite intriguing and original compositions played by basically a comtemporary jazz outfit, which is exactly what I was expecting to find but was pleasantly surprised to find more. 

Right from the beginning you'll get a sense of what I mean with the oddly titled Porc Binaire Roti (written by the drummer Kube equally oddly):



The closing track December 4th was written by the sax player Uli Lask:




3 comments:


  1. https://www.sendspace.com/file/kjzm79

    https://krakenfiles.com/view/p3zCffZ4BP/file.html

    fantastic stuff
    more to come shortly

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooow! totally unknown for me, thanks!

    ReplyDelete