Friday, 24 July 2026

Saturnus 2, from Hungary: ST 1980, Csigahazak 1982

 





With information here.  Kind of like the old classic fusion band Fermata in terms of smoothness, synth-driven instrumentals, or similar to Dimenzio from this blog.  However, there are some really outstanding moments in here, I'll draw your attention to the heartbreaking tenderness of In Memoriam:



I guess it reminds me of some of the really gentle, thoughtful Mahavishnu John McLaughlin tracks (eg, A Lotus on Irish Streams, from Inner Mounting.)  Probably it's him who came up with that idea of combining acoustic instruments (guitar and piano) plus flute or violin in a very tender trio type arrangement.  I should go back and relisten to all the seminal Mahavishnu releases, it's been years since I did that.

For a more fusioneering moment, Titan:



The second album is pretty much the same style with more ingenious musical thoughts, the Elektronikus track, brilliantly brings the synth into the fusion fold:



Really surprisingly enjoyable, given the level of under-the-radar neglect here.


2 comments:

  1. hopefully the return to mega works smoothly

    Both:

    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pu34gdf1113xfh0/Saturnus.rar/file

    https://mega.nz/file/aKYHzJrb#_NW2yK8BDLe1RnALmozz21H9CSFfmoHKgO9Lf9Z6CPs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julian, could you help me find this album please?
    Ivan Jullien Big Band - Secret Service
    https://www.discogs.com/it/sell/release/1776331

    ReplyDelete