Saturday, 3 October 2026

Valerie Carter's The Lost Tapes, recorded ?


Stay tuned because I have a huge backlog of stuff to post, as as result of which I'll start presenting albums daily for a little while, until it lasts.  
So, unlike the state of the world today, lots to look forward to in the future here.

Album databased here. 

I posted 3 of hers from the 1970s back here including the ever-lovely Wild Child.  Requested was her Live in Tokyo album recorded in 1994, does anyone have it--?  I don't.

Despite the review posted there on discogs though, I don't think this unreleased leftovers collection is all that bad, starting with the Allee Willis song The Blue Side that I once posted in her demo version long ago-- man do I love that underrated collection of songs by Allee!

Possibly the standout track is Labor of Love about a poor (single?) mom and her kids, written by someone called Michael Gallant:



Of course, in general, the songs are not as strong as Wild Child-- but that would be obvious, right, otherwise these unreleased recordings would probably have seen the light of day earlier.


The discogs review:

Buyers beware: These 'Lost Tapes' are poorly sourced cassette recordings found in storage—hardly the professional archival release fans expect. For the true Valerie Carter experience, look for the 2002/03 double live album 'Midnight Over Honey River' (VRP Music).

Unlike these tapes, that album was a professionally engineered project recorded by Perception Audio Architecture during a rare 14-date headlining tour. It captured Valerie at a pivotal moment when VRP Music stepped in to support her career, resulting in her most acoustically superior and essential work!


And the beautiful Valerie Carter:

Valerie Carter (born February 5, 1953, Winter Haven, Florida, USA – died March 4, 2017, St. Petersburg, Florida, USA) was an American singer-songwriter. She was perhaps best known as a back-up vocalist who worked with many artists including James Taylor (2) and Jackson Browne.

Sites:

Wikipedia 

1 comment:



  1. https://mega.nz/file/SbIS3JSA#Mz2ImfiFIpgIlGLp0Z8xz5Y7uAC_vfwlZMIXAzeka68
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/wroaadmee15f8xd/vctlt.rar/file

    we are missing Live in Tokyo, anyone have it?
    and stay tuned, daily posts for the next few weeks....

    ReplyDelete