Thursday 18 December 2014

L'instant de Oz Quartet




Wow, another stunning cover painting, right?  Check out the post-apocalyptic housing projects with abandoned school playground where non-whites are routinely and randomly arrested for crossing the street, minding their own business... oops that sounds like 2014...

The addition of violin, so common in french fusion, adds a nice classical component to the jazz, which is superbly played and always interesting.  It sounds similar to the Art Zoyd guitarist's Alain Eckert's album, perhaps crossed with some Claude Barthélémy compositional style.  It's amazing how in this period the French musicians imported so much advanced dissonant, modern classical elements into their jazz.

A good record for those like me who enjoy this style.  Compositions by Didier Sarrazit (the guitarist).

14 comments:

  1. oz quartet

    wav
    http://we.tl/6owna0d4Oi
    mp3
    https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/2x950w

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant guitar & violin oriented French fusion .
    It is my taste.
    Thanks a lot for the post,Julian !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, excellent stuff!!!!
    Cheers Julian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to make you guys happy, as always, and thanks in return from myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, I have problem with wav file, if is possible re-up... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please could you re-up the wav to thi, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it was a very nice experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made a new remix of this album that I will soon put online.
    I am the drummer of this album

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Really cool! I love this album, it really grows on you!
      Please let us know when the remix appears and I will link to it for all to know!

      Delete
  9. Ok I will not miss it, my discography not exhaustive in the meantime
    https://www.discogs.com/fr/artist/324804-Eric-Bedoucha

    ReplyDelete
  10. no I didn't think it is complete, there must be a lot missing
    Faton Bloom also a wonderful work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OZ QUARTET
      Hello
      Now you can follow me here !
      https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100081218835634

      Delete
    2. great news, thanks for posting!

      Delete