Monday 7 January 2019

Library composer Peter Patzer with Straight Line





This composer made a string of interesting library records for the German Crea Music label, presumably sometime in the eighties.  The sound, with digital keyboards and eighties percussion, is very similar to my favourite Gianni Sposito, whose discography I am happy to relate I have now 'completed.'  The post I made last year of his album Sirens is another apparent favourite here with literally thousands of views.  Which is amazing, almost as amazing as the fact that those thousands of views led to one comment being posted.

Probably many are familiar with him thanks to the CD of commercials non-stop, which I hated.  This collection of material he made for Crea is much better written and runs over the gamut of library music, as you'd expect.  As an example I think the title track says it all:





I like the angular melody and the crafty organ interrupting it on Steel Forms in the Sand:





More to come from him shortly.




5 comments:

  1. https://www28.zippyshare.com/v/Z0CXgIjX/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read my mind?? Just last week this gentleman was played by my local radio station (Cologne area) in the middle of the night. Heard him for the first time then, great library/space-funk stuff. I was really hoping for more...so here it is. What a coincidence - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. never heard this before... the sample tracks sound great. thank you!

    ReplyDelete