Friday 3 February 2023

Brian Keane's Snowfalls, from 1986

 





Recall his association with Larry Coryell here.
Although this clearly seemed like a new agey solo guitar work, the kind we've heard so many times already in the past, I thought I would give this one a try. So it turns out it's a new agey solo guitar work, the kind we've heard so many times already.  The wiki page is here (wait, what? as the kids will say, yes this CD appears on wiki), discogs page here.

Here's Ruby C.:




As usual with this kind of album, the extreme virtuosity and peaceful ASMR type of feeling the guitar induces is always highly impressive and soporific.  I posted so many like this from German guitarists, who often combined two acoustic guitars for an even more sedative effect.  (I guess so much so in effect that it also prompted amnesia because I can't remember their names.)






4 comments:


  1. https://www64.zippyshare.com/v/nUkHsqUc/file.html
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/a8eypf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I didn't know I didn't know! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect I love new-agey guitar! The later material he recorded with Turkish musician Omar Faruk Tekbilek is completely on another level tho and should be sought out esp Suleiman the Magnificent.

    ReplyDelete