Tuesday 20 December 2022

Larry Coryell's Just Like Being Born composition






Back to Larry as I tried to listen to all his pre-nineties music.

So far as I know Just Like Being Born, the composition first appeared on the 1978 live release with the Brecker Brothers, but then reappeared in an album that is acoustic, with Brian Keane from the Orwellian year of 1984, and in its best version in the collab with Urbaniak called Facts of Life from 1983 the year prior:



So I collected together the 3 albums with this lovely composition.


4 comments:


  1. https://www.sendspace.com/file/bqb2bu

    https://www53.zippyshare.com/v/MtetbPGY/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, you confused the the Brubeck Brothers (Dave Brubeck's sons) with the Brecker Brothers. And it's not a live release but a direct-to-disc recording, ie. live in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no surprise I made a mistake
      It's been a tough month
      Also the 1 year anniversary of my father's death
      Not that that's an excuse ;)

      Delete
    2. Condolences, sir. I lost my pop 30 years ago this year and it lingers like yesterday.

      Delete