Wednesday 6 February 2019

Sposito's 1986 Strumentali: Genere Pop Elettronico: the missing piece





One of the Christmas presents for myself I mentioned last month, I had to buy it when it finally after many years showed up for sale.  With this hopefully we complete his discography at least until 1990.  To recap, there was the initial outta-outer-space Cosmo Graffiti with its gorgeous asteroid impacts, then the more disappointing (to me) Denebolo soundtrack, quickly followed by my favourite the Reflections of Light which I've listened to over and over, and the trilogy of Strumentali, of which Eudosso was the best so far.  The post for Sirens was viewed thousands of times over btw, like Aaltonen-Donner's Strings record.  And to think this is all started with the casual suggestion of a commenter!  God bless those useful tips off the street-- and keep 'em coming too....

So this is the first entry in the trilogy from 1986, and surprisingly to me, the most disappointing of  them all.  I'm not at all sure why.  The music is the same, electronic keyboards with highly varied styles rendering it quite non-homogeneous overall but in the end, it lacks a bit of punch, not quite worth the immense excitement I felt when it came to the purchase, and the arrival on my snowy doormat.  A good example of the contents is the little wolf theme:





But this is the best composition, I feel.

Well, the hunt is part of the fun isn't it...

In the next week I'm going to post some more library rarities I recently found, some that are absolutely shockingly expensive, despite their usually generic or mediocre quality.  Not surprisingly they are also all from Italia.  Perhaps the Italians could use some of that extra money to clean up their streets of garbage.  Or rather get the mafia to do a better job of it.  But there'll be a gem here and there, guaranteed.




5 comments:

  1. https://www62.zippyshare.com/v/cO6PciD6/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. please can you reupload Gary Epps' Thru my Eyes, 1980?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure, no problem here he is
      https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/m2kz2x

      Delete
  3. wow... thank you for sharing. never heard this one before and sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for this rare & expensive disc! Unfortunately, it's way too digital/indifferent for my taste. Without Farfisas, Prophets and Rhodes the library magic of the 70s seems to be gone...

    ReplyDelete