Friday 15 March 2019

Luther Lane's Other Places in the US, 1978




Here's a similar album to Innersections by the oddly named band Luther Lane which I mentioned earlier, equally well composed and thought out.  I love how the track named after Jedediah starts with such a slow flute-led intro and then moves on into the more standard progressive fusion sound we are so familiar with, featuring electric guitar and saxes in unison:





And believe me when I tell you every track is as smoothly entrancing in its intellectual complexity as that one.  In some ways I suppose it's most like my old favourite Gallery with the vibes-led ECMishness.

Less information in the database though.
From the back: Recorded fall 1977 in LA.

To be honest, there are many more such chamber fusion albums I still haven't posted here, for various reasons, some of the most breathtaking & otherwordly beautiful being US Quantum's New World and Swiss Impetus' Opening Seed.  Please search those out if you like this style as much as I do.  Meantime savor this one slowly.  And enjoy it meaningfully, and lengthily.
Incidentally, Luther Lane is here.




5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julian,
    I missed out on this one too! Any chance of a re-up?
    Thanks and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to ask if it's also possible to post Quantum's New World and Impetus' Opening Seed? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete