Wednesday 6 November 2019

Aurora's Pathways to the Sun, 1984





Despite the promise of the cover, this is not a fusionary space exploration but simply female-vocaled acoustic or pop rock.  We have come full circle assuming we started from Stargazer by Games.  It reminds me a lot of the Waterfall album I posted earlier, with acoustic Renaissance-like ditties but quite a bit of inventive songwriting.  It's another one-off and entirely incorrectly, it's described as space-rock on discogs, unless there's something I'm missing, like a whole LP.  Sections are reminiscent of Comus (gasp) at least with the double-barreled male and female singing choruses or unisons and the musical theatre-like compositions sometimes remind me of Melisma, one of my biggest old faves from this blog.  But just brief moments-- don't get excited, please.  I don't have a fire extinguisher nearby.

We:











3 comments:

  1. https://www103.zippyshare.com/v/vKBuztwP/file.html

    https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/x7zh5n

    ReplyDelete
  2. try again, I believe they both work

    ReplyDelete