Monday 24 January 2022

Famed Band In Spe in Bonus Tracks












Well these guys created one of the most amazing pieces of music I've ever heard in my life with their Typewriter Concerto, literally in terms of creative accomplishment, using an old typewriter as a musical instrument surely breaks all records for inventiveness, especially when coupled with such engagingly perfect composed fusion music-- not just classical European music.  I never get tired of listening to that typewriter go and the ingenious way the composer added every sound from it to the music like the return of the head's whir or the bell's tinkle.

The first album, obviously, also just such a lovely cover with the girl on the beach.

To my surprise, appended to one of their CD releases, came a bunch of really impressive bonus tracks and I have no idea where or when they were made.  I'm guessing they are from a third unreleased album. If anyone has info please let me know.

For example the last track, called Charlotte, is as good and as beautiful a composition in the lighter chamber fusion as any I've ever heard:




Overall this set of songs has a more rock-oriented direction though, with the opener giving you an idea:




5 comments:


  1. https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/EVe8xrZd/file.html
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/54iqdx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great music, great band. thank you so much. A fantastic find for classic prog seekers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazed on the variety of music you have here Estonian prog jazz fusion! Erkki later became a classical chamber music composer. Released a few nice albums on.....you guessed it ECM! Thanks again for the great music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already knew the band, not this record. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Julian! I didn't know the Typewriter Concert ! :-0

    ReplyDelete