Monday 3 April 2023

Batdorf and Rodney, part 1

 











Well the hippie hair is absolutely unbelievable...

These guys get my vote for the most underrated composers of the early 70s, second perhaps to the Sand band from long ago here.  They played country rock all acoustic with some steps into commercial pop in the last album, before they broke up, but the quality of the songwriting is really high, as high as someone like James Taylor for ex. who became so successful in that decade.  So I went back to see if there was more in the discography such as unreleased material and found out there was indeed some, but first I'll post their 3 official albums with a flac of the last one Life is You which to me is their masterpiece.  They are discogged here.

Ain't it like home, should've been a number one hit back then in 1975, and why it wasn't, I just don't get it, I really don't. 







4 comments:

  1. the OG 3 albums

    https://krakenfiles.com/view/vQf5ZZqiiu/file.html

    https://www.sendspace.com/file/425g84

    flac of the last limited time only

    https://we.tl/t-b0xMAT0at1?utm_campaign=TRN_TDL_05&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&trk=TRN_TDL_05

    I really look forwards to people's input regarding their opinion of these guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off the shelf's my favorite, but the others are also good! Great songwriters..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think these guys are great Their guitar playing reminds me of The group America they are like them to me very under rated group thanks for these great lps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed good comparison
    The guitarwork got really topnotch at the end

    ReplyDelete