Saturday 5 October 2024

Left Lane in Common from 1985 UK, requesting flac

 




From discogs:

Words from Peter Mayer:

Talking about albums from waaaay back, we are excited to announce that an album I recorded with my brother Jim, Roger Guth, and a wonderful pianist, Ray Kennedy, is going to be released in March on CD in Japan, for distribution across the globe.

The album is called “In Common” and it was released in 1985 under the group name Left Lane. This album contains music that was the earliest release (besides a cassette called “To and From”) from Jim, Roger and me.

The music has jazz roots in its harmonic and melodic sense, heavily influenced by musicians such as Pat Metheny and some of the Jazz fusion artists of that time period.

It was released just several years before Roger, Jim and I went on to form the group PM and signed a record deal with Warner Bros. records.

I'll post the mp3 briefly here, but a commenter was looking for lossless, I thought I'd put this here in case anyone has it.

It's new to me and quite interesting, mostly to me at least reminiscent of the vocal tracks from famous prog-fusion band UK, with the efforts at writing inventive song structures and interesting chord changes but on an early 80s digital keyboards basis. The title track gives you an idea of the Pat Metheny reference, but note the nice attempt at writing poetic lyrics too:




1 comment:

  1. temp upload of mp3, if anyone has a lossless please add it, and thanks in advance!
    https://we.tl/t-RSR94tl6OD

    ReplyDelete