Similar to other ethnic fusion albums posted here before, the genre should be familiar to you. Unfortunately it's a bit infiltrated by free jazz or too much improvising in my view, but the playing is wonderful. Information here. Note the shocking lineup, with Hozan (Houzan) Yamamoto, Charlie Mariano, Trilok Gurtu, etc. musicians definitely from all over the world, East and West.
Again and Again as a sample track, this was composed by Colin Walcott and is in memoriam to him as well (he passed away at the tragically young age of 39 from an accident):


ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/LGwBjBDT#-PQUKdWjUbmqm8Z_AYW3kRd3RE-5RKk5PdxBwOjhJoA
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wcwduoz9pwd11v5/wmm.rar/file
and new up of masabumi kikuchi, by request from here
https://progressreview.blogspot.com/2024/01/some-more-masabumi-kikuchi-hairpin.html
https://www.swisstransfer.com/dl/01a0452d-33a9-70c7-bcc3-7fb913362109
Thanks as always. Collin Walcott’s death was indeed a great loss. In addition to his work with the band Oregon and elsewhere, his first solo release for ECM is a stunner. I imagine everyone reading this already has heard it, but just in case:
ReplyDeleteCollin Walcott - Cloud Dance [w/John Abercrombie, Dave Holland, Jack DeJohnette]
https://www.imagenetz.de/ihyGi
I deeply apologize if I overlooked any response on the matter when I brought it up previously a couple times, but I was curious about getting a reupload of the lossless version of Martin Winch's Sahara from 1984. It would be very much appreciated.
ReplyDeletesorry digging it up is not the simplest of procedures but I'll do it this weekend
Delete