Saturday 2 January 2021

Derwyn Holder's Astral Visions - Time Open (1977)






I was literally just randomly scrolling through the past posts on this blog and when I saw the name I remembered with a shock I had completely forgotten about this record (not listened to it in years) much like my wife's comment about 'collecting the same album over and over again'. 

Actually you might not realize someone long ago posted a link in a comment to another completely different post, and that link I'm going to share today since it was so frequently requested and without a doubt stands as one of the best progressive fusion works, should have been on that list of the best posted before Xmas.  I reviewed it back in 2015, which I had also completely forgotten, the review is here. You can hear my song samples still on that page, if you need to.

Discogs info here. Note that leader Derwyn is described as Canadian bassist, composer, orchestrator.

Thanks to the generous and anonymous guy who posted his rip for everyone to share, long ago.

Because this is really beautiful music.


4 comments:


  1. https://www18.zippyshare.com/v/31bHrShc/file.html

    https://www.sendspace.com/file/m2x7m8

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my post, glad i could give back at least one goodie for the outnumbered amount of goodies you gave me

    ReplyDelete