Friday 31 May 2019

Zoltan Boros to the Infinite, 1988




Without a doubt the first side is a mini-masterpiece of songwriting, recalling some of the best hammond-based prog we have ever heard from behind the Iron Curtain, e.g. the magnificent Romanians Experimental Q  (recommend everyone hear everything from those guys).   I'm not saying it's the best, just that it reminds me of the best of the keyboard-trio progsters.   For example, the second part of the Steps to Infinity Suite:





Unfortunately, side b proved somewhat more disappointing altogether.
I'm puzzled he didn't make more, perhaps there are missing items from the database left to be discovered?

From discogs:

Hungarian composer, pianist, conductor born in Romania, July 29, 1939, Căpâlna, Bihor County.
1965-67 with Janos Tripa conducting a jazz band: University House Jazz Quartet Cluj
1969-1971 - conductor of Oradea Theatre Orchestra
1971-1985 - editor at the Hungarian Language program (TVR)
1985-1989 - worked at Societatea Română de Radiodifuziune as TV musical director.
1990 - 2002 - worked at Societatea Română de Radiodifuziune as editor in chief.
He wrote songs for many famous singers, such Anca Parghel, Mihaela Runceanu, Aura Urziceanu.

Probably many out there know much more than me.

6 comments:


  1. Zippy up, please use this preferentially if you are able
    https://www66.zippyshare.com/v/aHbbecxv/file.html


    For the zippy 403 in EU (ew):
    https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/19nbss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling the overload of the heartless/brainless/soulless 5G 'world' and desperately needing a safe harbor, we set our course on the welcoming lights of the Progressive Reviews island!
    As we land, the sweet sounds immediately fill us with an overwhelming sense of spiritual comfort, creative enjoyment and inner peace :)
    Is it ELP in an inspired mellow-Tarkus-jam?
    Echoes of Clouds, spacing out circa Up Above Our Heads??
    Beggar's Opera hidden tracks from Act One???
    Nay! Tis the great Zoltan! ...sounds like a fortune-teller,
    "Step right up and look into the Future - if you Dare!"
    This totally brightened my night, like a good call from an old friend,
    reminding me that there once was optimism and enthusiasm widespread...
    ...especially on a green evening in early June, like our esteemed colleague Mr. Plant said, "Dancing days are here again, the summer evenings grow!!"
    Really enjoying the whole LP, even the 2nd side, its like the happy-hour side....esp. last track 'The Fall In My Town'....though I get more of an island with fruity drinks feel than hometown in autumn :D haha
    Never heard of the incredibly talented mr Zoltan before, but I see this Lp was pressed in Romania (wow gets +2 nod for just that fact!!)....now in the 'library music' genre I've seen the alias of Zoltan Biscotti (hahaha that's fuckin great), which is the nom de plume of Alex Heffes, musician/score composer in the UK....but I doubt its him....we may never know, but that matters little, for we have a killer Lp here with an awesome cover too! (woulda bought this just for the cover and his cool name!)
    Thank You my friend, and Thank you Zoltan for being 'gentle on my mind' :) :) :) well it seems the unenjoyable pricks of the world are again poised to burn another library (their specialty) aka zippyshare...reminds me of the megaupload witchhunt...such BS, but not surprising, for soon all "entertainment" media will be owned by disney, at which point, I will gladly raise my glass and my finger to the shithouse as it goes up in flames :)
    To those getting the 403, I suggest using a vpn...search proxysite, etc. ;)
    And all of my old links (60+) are still up, so I may have to re-post them all real soon, let all who will grab a goodie before they're gone!!! :)
    Life is to be savored, to be luxuriated in, to be...Respected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, wonderful
      Music is our salvation and salve right bro
      Youre right about that cover too!

      Delete
  3. Amen :)
    Keepin' me truckin' brother!!! :) :)
    This number's for you!!! ;) the merry flowers of June will bloom! -
    and I don't care if I'm like the cat on the cover of Supertramp's 'Crisis? What Crisis?' hahaha ...gonna get my groove on and extend my mellow no matter what!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julian and many thanks again for the sensational stuff here !

    I'm from Romania and I found some pages write in Romanian about Zoltan Boros and I can confirm you he has only this wonderful album which correct translation is "Steps to infinity".

    Best,
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julian, this experimental and very refined work makes me think to swiss band Blue Motion (1980) ; As you speak of Romanian Experimental Q, actually comes from Romania Symphress Pseudo a good sympho metal act ! If you accept to post it here, thank you a thousand time !

    ReplyDelete