Sunday 7 June 2020

Rafiq Babayev music Pt. 2







I posted what I knew about him, which was nothing, back here.   You can also read his wiki story which sadly was written by an English speaker.  Subsequently I found a set of CDs with more of his lost music mostly though consisting of that irritating arabic folk singing with the tremored or wavy singing style that is part of their culture.  There was one important CD missing though with early film music including the titles Earth, Space, Attraction of Opposites, and Devil Before Your Eyes.  Both I will sample for here:





I mean, I won't state the obvious, that this stands comparison with such keyboard beauty as Oscar Rocchi's Magic Keys, etc.





Notice the beautiful delicacy of the composing and arranging, so similar to library or soundtrack music from out of Europa, 1970s.  That's what I meant when I told my wife he's the most underrated film composer in the history of humanity, to which she said, 'this week?''

Is it possible the original soundtrack LPs are sitting somewhere in a record store in Baku, Azerbajian, waiting to be ripped in their entirety?  I think we know from experience most likely the only good tracks have already been removed from those, but there might be one or two others worth hearing.  If only!  Time to fly out to Azerbajian, hope they don't have as much covid-19 there as good old mother Russia.  As for the remainder of his music, I posted earlier the best CD, Azerbajian Etude, and the only other good ones: Portrait, and Elvira.  I can't possibly recommend you find the rest, or even look at them.

4 comments:

  1. https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/ryaaeh

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www88.zippyshare.com/v/zbBj931U/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful music.
    It is really an amazing stuff.
    An incredible blog!!
    Thank You for sharing this gem.

    ReplyDelete