Saturday 11 July 2020

Ambush redux













Somebody asked me if I had reripped the Ambush album from here.  As a matter of fact, in the middle of last summer I found a copy that was in good condition and not as expensive as others, though still in the hundreds, and now after deciding I'm never going to sell it, I figured I can post the rerip finally.  (Wasn't sure if I wanted to recoup my losses.)  In the meantime too I discovered the band posted some interesting info about themselves on this site here:

This, from Wayne Givens, from his "Ticket to the Beatles" bands' website:
   In 1979, we formed the group Ambush. This band featured high powered vocalist Randy LaBrott, drummer Kevin Simon, and Dave Bohannan on guitar and vocals. This was a rock 'n' roll band! Later, we added guitarist John Smith (who, In my humble opinion, was the most naturally talented musician I've ever seen) and started playing originals. We had a pretty large following that got even bigger when we were selected as one of K-SHE's SEEDS bands. This is where the radio station picked out 10 of St. Louis' best bands and put out an album. It received pretty much air time and is still a collectors item to this day. Later, KWK put out a similar album called Moonshine and we were on that too. We did put out our own album that did pretty well but our main thing was our live show. We ran into some bad breaks but overall, we had a great time. Randy and Kevin are still jamming strong with their own group, Poppies 3. John Smith passed away a couple of years ago, but he continues to be a huge influence on me musically.

You can also note that (bassist) Wayne Givens made some comments on the last post:

Hi Everyone, thank you for the kind words. I have been putting a couple Ambush songs on YouTube on my Wayne Givens channel. For some reason the sounds you have here are indeed sped up and sound like chipmunks. :) 
Thanks again

So here's my new rip, with the now normal-sounding best hard rock band that never made it in the big time, in my opinion.  And check the image of their van in the junk yard, with the caption:

This photo dramatically signals the end of the band!

First track to give you an idea of my new rip:




1 comment:


  1. https://www19.zippyshare.com/v/n21vOHSS/file.html

    https://www.sendspace.com/file/x4ky3u

    ReplyDelete