Friday 10 June 2022

Teruo Nakamura, multiple albums (Unicorn, Rising Sun, Superfriends, Wind Smile and Manhattan, Carnegie Hall, Big Apple, Route 80)


















Japanese jazz bassist and record producer, born March 3, 1942 in Tokyo.

Move to New York in 1964 and studied double bass with Reggie Workman, formed the Rising Sun Band, worked mainly as record producer in the 1980s.

Another guy who was perhaps way too prolific for his own good, he made a few albums under his own moniker and a few with the Teruo Nakamura Rising Sun Band.

I love the Sequoia Forest composition:



I know that all in all, others will enjoy this more than me.


12 comments:

  1. All in one bunch limited time only due to size of the folder:
    https://we.tl/t-6vg0lnL3B4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, definitely a Nakamura enjoyer here. I'm a big fan of "Rising Sun" in particular as it was one of the first jazz albums I bought as a teenager, mainly because I saw that Harry Whitaker, Steve Grossman, Onaje Alan Gumbs and Lonnie Smith also featured on it and those were names I recognised, as well as Herbie Hancock on Manhattan Special. Nakamura was definitely my 'gateway drug' into Japanese Jazz and tracks like Cat and Morning Mist still hold up great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance for another repost? Kept missing the two previous, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I missed these. Too bad for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi any chance to reup thks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://we.tl/t-7QVdt2aVdV
    temporary repost

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do appreciate the dry comment "perhaps way too prolific for his own good". YesI was considering dl'ing this to check out Unicorn LP but it looks like the link's time has passed. I have 4 on Mr. T's dates and I think that will suffice.

    ReplyDelete