Friday 16 November 2018

Quadro Group - Night Dreams, 1988




A brief description only on discogs for the artist and this album which sounds deceptively like an early 80s record rather than late 80s-- perhaps a time machine spy.  Of course, the former CCCP did take some time to catch up to the West when it came to popular music as we well know, whereas in the realm of novichoks (nerve agent poisons) and Olympic athletic doping and chemical enhancements they were far, far ahead, so much so that we in the West really, to this day, could never even come close to their effortless advances in supreme technological mastery. And hacking into elections.

It was really a surprise to me when my friend brought out this rip, since I thought I was as familiar by now with Russian fusion albums as anyone in the Trump transition team could ever be.

Track A2, called Песня Без Слов (song without words) shows some nice composition skills with the minor chord progression:





Note that track B1 is a solo piano cover version of a wonderful Arsenal composition called
Preludia, from the Unreleased discs I think, or maybe it appeared as a bonus track on one of the CD Arsenals.  There were so many bonus songs released of course from those guys that they pretty much swamp out the legit released material, much like the situation they created with fake news.

A CD with the same name (as of today, not in the database) was released later in 1998 but included, oddly enough, only the first side of this vinyl and omitted the second.  Weird.  But, coming from a country that managed to cover up many nuclear disasters successfully, not even noteworthy.

I'm going to post a few more Soviet fusion LPs many out there might not yet be familiar with in the next few days and pray the muscovite trolls don't hunt me down for all the things I've said.  Lucky for me the Russians do have a wonderful sense of humour, as I'm reminded of every time I see one of their expatriate women.




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice prelude, and once again you picked up the song I enjoyed the most on the album (possibly the only one btw).
    For some reason the very first notes remind me of a song I made some time ago, using sample, so I will have to check if it was this song I sampled, but that would be very unlikely as I don't remember this album :)

    I also agree with what you wrote: "(...) this album which sounds deceptively like an early 80s record rather than late 80s", it was even my first thought.

    Thank you for sharing this one Julian !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you reup this one,please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.sendspace.com/file/0xe88u

    ReplyDelete