Wednesday 8 April 2020

Back to the ReR with the missing 3.3 (Part 14 in my series)







Beautiful quasi-cubist artwork on the bottom...

It was surprising to me to see over the years how popular these compilations are on this blog, for certain people that is. I mean, I love these compilations personally, but obviously this is not approachable music.  Nor are we talking youtuber numbers in terms of popularity, or even instagram girls or "influencers".  In fact the average fat girl down the street on my block probably has more followers than this progressive music blog does.  So I guess when I say 'popular' what I really mean is 'unpopular'.  Anyways, it's perfect I guess for social distancing, especially if you want to go overboard (but not on a cruiseship) and maintain several kilometres distance around you.  Possibly the same could be accomplished by playing it out loud in the neighbourhood, may be a good thought for those stupidly irresponsible neighbours of ours who let their kids play together on their front yards near our house or congregate evenings at the park with multiple unleashed dogs yapping around, licking each other, and I'm sure everyone can relate to these experiences, wherever they are in the world.  What can you do, people are dogs, right-- oops I meant to say, dogs are dogs, right?

Information is all here, note that this release is from 1991This list purports to be relatively complete, I think, but it likely isn't.  It's possible almost all or all of these have been posted on this blog before.  As is always the case I mention that my favourite is 2.2 which is phenomenal from beginning to end.  Totally bored of it now though, unfortunately.  At this point, I really don't care, still obsessed with finding new music I've never heard before. Let me know if the link is inactive as sometimes happens over time.

Note that most of the music is abstract and basically totally alien to all humanity.  Perhaps not to the canines though, or the aliens soon to come to take over the planet when humanity is killed off by the novel corona created by them to clear us all off.  The most approachable tracks are the alternative Hail's Racer Hero and the inimitable 5 UU's with a non-LP track (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) called Carousel of Progress:




It's worth seeking out all the 5UU's albums you can find, if you can find them.

This collection from the Chris Cutler franchise beautifully closes out with a chamber composition (acoustic piano and cello) very reminiscent of my old favourites the Evergreen College kids.  Sadly, there is nothing else to be found under the name of the artist Erik Hug:



Not much else on this LP however to hang your hat on in here, I'm afraid. With a small hat you're fine.

TRACKLIST:

A1 – Steve Moore - Chiaroscuro
Gong, Cymbal, Tape, Composed By – Steve Moore
Violin – Harriet Wilder

A2 –Jocelyn Robert - Photoproject 1
Performer, Composed By – Jocelyn Robert

A3 –When - Bell
Percussion, Keyboards, Tape, Voice, Composed By – Lars Pedersen

A4 –Tom Djll - Tombo
Synthesizer, Trumpet, Composed By – Tom Djll

A5 –Hail - Racer Hero
Arranged By – Hail
Bass, Drums, Engineer, Mixed By – Bob Drake
Vocals, Guitar, Composed By, Lyrics By – Susanne Lewis

B1 –Illegal Function - Microclimats
Computer, Sampler, Synthesizer, Composed By – Marc Pira, Pierre Chuchana

B2 –5UU'S - Carousel Of Progress
Bass – Jon Beck
Drums, Percussion, Tape, Synthesizer, Composed By, Lyrics By, Producer – Dave Kerman*
Guitar – Greg Conway
Mixed By – 5UU'S
Piano, Harmonium, Mellotron, Synthesizer, Composed By – Sanjay Kumar
Voice, Engineer – Curt Wilson

B3 –Abdo Men - Intense Grace
Performer, Composed By, Engineer – Dave Fox

B4 –Erik Hug - Diary XI-V
Cello – Mathis Keller
Piano, Composed By – Erik Hug
Recorded By – Peter Drefahl
Violin – Isabel Schneider




4 comments:


  1. Mp3s

    https://www52.zippyshare.com/v/kc3qM29N/file.html

    https://www.sendspace.com/file/5xl2i4

    Lossless lovers limited time only:

    https://we.tl/t-mlMNwkZpVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julian
    Happy Easter! Would you be able to re-up volume 3 part 2?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help! Hi Julian, after looking out for this for years, I missed it! Any chance of a re-up? Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julian
    Sorry, please ignore earlier message, got Sendspace link to work via IE...

    ReplyDelete