Saturday 25 April 2020

Michael Stosic, 1982





Is he in jail on the back photo?  Unfortunately not, more likely hiding in your bedroom....
Michael Stosic made only one album, in 1982, and check the prices it sells for, though it's ordinary pop/AOR rock.  As always with these highly expensive LPs it's a mystery to me what sets the gouge meter.  I mean it's good, but is it really that good?  Luckily, today we can all ascertain whether or not that price is appropriate.  Mostly ordinary music from beginning to end, with some nice compositions that probably could have made it to AM radio back in the day were it not for the fact that it's lacking in the extreme simplicity and stupidity that is a hallmark of the usual radio hits.
Instead, a decent song called Can't Say No:







7 comments:


  1. Apologies for bitrate (not my rip), nor will I be buying the LP for lossless anytime soon:

    https://www23.zippyshare.com/v/5dE8vFDk/file.html

    https://www.sendspace.com/file/xj7djw

    ReplyDelete
  2. sincerely when i see an album i buying expensive cause hard to find and if i see on free im so angry,only info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. on the one hand, I don't like to spend a lot of money and then find out it's freely available, on the other hand, there are records like RHEA that are so expensive I would never have bought them, so I am very grateful to the person who ripped and shared the mp3! so it's kind of, you want it both ways right

      Delete
  3. hi i need https://www.discogs.com/fr/Tony-Arlyn-Childlike/release/7579466 if you have post this one because i dont have , i can found mp3 from an guy but he ask my huge ripps nfor this reason i dont want trade with him, thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vocals remind me of Warren Ham from late period Blocdrock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ funkiss, that's why these days, I try to be patient. Eventually, some kindly blogger will provide the opportunity to have a listen, which in the end is what I'm most interested in. That said, I have gone through binges of label collecting, so I understand wanting the actual physical item. Often I discover rare albums that are promoted as some sort of second coming are okay, but not really a great lost treasure, to my ears anyway. I sometimes wonder if that type of hyperbole comes from those who long to sell copies for inflated prices.

    ReplyDelete