Thursday 26 November 2020

Neil Larsen and Buzzy Feiten in 3 albums














Gotta love that bottom picture with the tight pants and the over-expressive staged hand gestures.  Not to mention the craftily styled hair.
A lot of people seem to have jumped the gun here and predicted this post.
This is Full Moon related stuff, as you saw these guys played in the 1982 album posted last time.

Neil Larsen is described as a multi-instrumentalist, Buzzy Feiten is the guitarist here.

There's a handful of good songs in there, with less and less as you move from year to year from 1978's Jungle Fever, through 1979's High Gear and 1980's Larsen-Feiten band.  Subsequently comes the second ST Full Moon album from 1982 posted before.

From the first album, From a Dream:



From High Gear, Futurama:



From the 1980 one, the best track is the instrumental (most of the album is simplistic vocal commercial funk-pop) Aztec Legend:





3 comments:

  1. https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/7u5s52
    https://www116.zippyshare.com/v/dCv1k1qW/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. As soon as I put this on I remembered it. I haven't heard this record in 30 years at least. I was learning about jazz and someone told me to buy it (probably the kid working the register). M/B Shopping Center in Oakland CA. It had to be 1977. I think I bought a Return to Forever album and something by Al Di Meola Elegant Gypsy(?). To me jazz was cool because it didn't have any silly lyrics. I didn't even know music without singing was a thing. Those were the days of my youth, wandering the mall by myself, buying music none of my friends listened to, off to the Food Court eating pizza and coke, then off to get my monthly issue of Fantastic Science Fiction Magazine at the Smoke Shop. All gone. It's the new Kaiser Hospital now. Thanks for giving me a sudden trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really cool actually, thanks for posting this

      Delete