Thursday 2 March 2023

Mat Marucci, the requested Lifeline (1981) and Who Do Voo Doo (1979)








Very little known artist (especially for me!), discogged here:

American jazz drummer, born 2 July 1945 in Rome, New York, USA.

I was surprised by Dedication on the first release from 1979, lovers of electric keys will jump up for joy (pianist's name is Tom Gastineau):



Honestly, that composition a homerun out of the ballpark every day, every year, on every planet in every galaxy...

The rest is mostly somewhat fusiony contemporary jazz and more generic, all instrumental.

Title track of his follow up, which leans more in the jazzy aimless direction and less electric/energetic, unfortunately for me:



In this package I also threw in the later album Mat Marucci & Doug Webb Trio Feat. Ken Filiano - 3 The Hard Way, which was disappointing to me. That music is so mild as to be almost unnoticeable.

3 comments:

  1. In this package I also threw in the later album Mat Marucci & Doug Webb Trio Feat. Ken Filiano - 3 The Hard Way, which was disappointing to me. That music is so mild as to be almost unnoticeable.

    https://www117.zippyshare.com/v/hUviyamJ/file.html
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/3cnmik

    reup of richard davis requested
    https://we.tl/t-Xtd6y0Oda3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for finding his music

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really good jazz here! I didn't expect to enjoy it that much, but the compositions are very good (some odd meters here and there), and the players excellent. Thank you very much Julian for sharing these albums!

    ReplyDelete