Monday 21 May 2018

More Jun with jazz vocalist Martha Miyake in 1977




Here, unfortunately, Jun is in the background and Miyake, who sounds quite similar to my old favourite Sugano from these pages takes the stage with a bunch of cover versions.  The best rendition is the old classic (made famous perhaps by Nancy Wilson), "Guess who I saw today":





A classic song with a great story...  today on the radio it has been replaced by "I'm in love with your body-- Come on, be my baby, come on-- Come on, be my baby, come on."


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julian for sharing this nice album, indeed great rendition of "Guess..." !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I japanese music, Youre filling the holes in my collection.
    Can you reupload this amazing lp?

    Sincerely

    JRAC

    ReplyDelete