Tuesday 31 January 2023

Cheri Adams, Sweet and Sour Songs (1977), by request








Long, long ago, in a pandemic so far away, someone requested this LP and I was waiting for some extra paypal funds from other LPs sold to purchase this, having heard the Jungle Bird track on youtube and having been suitably impressed by it.

This is her only LP, from 1977, databased here.  It's a mix of acoustic-based singer songwriter, bluesy numbers, poppy stuff, etc.  It's extremely well played, showcasing highly professional musicianship which is always a delight of course.  It leans more into the late seventies Joni Mitchell jazzier ssw material, less acoustically folky than the wonderful Florida discovery Paula Moore's 2 we loved so much back here.

Here's that beautiful composition, the Jungle Bird which so deserved to be a radio hit, but I guess wasn't, back in that day:



Will we ever learn? Well, the recent COP27 and Montreal biodiversity summits pretty much confirmed it:  of course not...  

We won't stop destroying the earth (and its other nonhuman inhabitants) until it's, well you know, destroyed...


6 comments:


  1. https://www37.zippyshare.com/v/roIkAQIT/file.html

    https://www.sendspace.com/file/aicvyo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you talk about biodiversity, it was one of the topics on the agenda at the time of the G8 in Genoa in 2001 which... well, we know how it ended, right?
    So we know what think some governments (this seems like an understatement, currently)
    For example, when I hear about "sterile seeds" I personally reach for my gun.
    Apart from that, I notice that you have a soft spot for folk singer-songwriters, and maybe I do too, although I usually stop at the cover photo.
    I would also have a list of requests about records that would seem impossible to listen to, maybe I'll offer it to you with a dropper depending on the context of your posts.
    Tante Belle Cose (Many beautiful things - this is a way of saying typical of Genoa, by the way)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go ahead and give list of request, I can see what I can do

      Delete
  3. Hi Julian, do you have any Dick Morrissey & Jim Mullen? https://www.discogs.com/artist/707345-Morrissey-Mullen

    ReplyDelete