Monday 26 August 2019

Syn's Cast the First Stone (1980)





Herewith begins a long, long string of American prog, rock, and fusion albums from the same period, obviously late seventies to early eighties.  This will go on for weeks, if not months.  Although I've posted tons of this already, it amazes me there is still so much 'new music' to listen or rediscover from the past.

Let's start with this guy, a completely unknown or hidden obscurity.  A one-off obviously Xian band that made this progressive rock/fusion/pop album in 1980 with a kitchen sink in styles along the same lines as for ex. the recently posted Sunrise, but also, Window's Empyreal Ballet, Ariel's Perspectives, Jester, Luna Sea, etc., etc.
Information here.  Mostly it reminds me of my old favourite Rantz, for which I still have so much affection, with the mix of female vocals and very slight eighties sound.  But inevitably, it's not quite as good overall.

Track 9 which is called Second Time Around:






4 comments:

  1. Please use zippy if you can:

    https://www19.zippyshare.com/v/yIRbP1bA/file.html

    (I'm noticeably paying a lot more now for sendspace bandwidth since the recent problems in certain countries)

    https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/pnqpdr

    ReplyDelete
  2. new lossless upload of Barigozzi Fabor, Synthetronics, which to my surprise has quite a few fans:
    https://we.tl/t-1VIkNxkXEl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zippy still works in the U.S., so I'll make a point of using it. thx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this. You've also now piqued my curiosity about Rantz -- is there any chance of posting their album too, please? The PNF link is inactive, it appears. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete