Saturday 26 June 2021

Thonk's Earth Vision Impact, by request

 



This is imitation seventies prog rock, with all that this implies.  The group only made one album, way back in 2001. For example some tracks are very similar to Atlas (the Swedish band I mean famed for the brilliant Bla Vardag), or I guess people could say Anekdoten.  Those later 'symphonic' prog bands to me all sound the same, and they lack the invention that I love so much from the classic stuff, even though all the trappings are there, with the odd time signatures, the hammond organs, synthesizers, etc., etc.  It's as if the older prog was always simplified down to its basics. Then again here and there, some original brilliant artists come up with outta the ballpark stuff more recently, like the Zopp I recently posted, or the Brazilian Ramo that I always use as a point of comparison and that I've reuploaded a million times.

For ex., Square Root:




Having said that, it's not that bad and I did enjoy listening to it.

3 comments:



  1. https://www43.zippyshare.com/v/scOdiD3f/file.html
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/qfi57r

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself enjoying the retro sounds of Needlepoint, The Winstons and Areknames, but I can't stand Prog Metal in any form.

    ReplyDelete